For many of us, the goal of life isn’t ultimate wealth, massive amounts of stuff, or the perfect car. It’s happiness; plain and simple. Some people may be created happier than others, with enjoyment of life programmed into their hardwiring. For others, getting to happiness isn’t always that simple. You may not be programmed that way. But like any programming, yours can be changed. Rewrite your life program to include as many of the following tips as appeal to you and the goal of happiness may be achieved.
1. Spend time doing something you love. Make some room in your life by eliminating some commitments you don’t like doing and replace them with something you truly love.
2. Surround yourself with others who are happy. If you’re always around sad, angry or depressed people, it will transfer. But if you’re around people who are happy, that will transfer too. Slowly weed out the negative influences in your life and replace them with positive ones.
3. Count your blessings. When something bad happens to you, try not to focus on it. Instead, take a minute to count your blessings. Focus on the things you do have instead of the things you don’t.
4. Think solutions. Instead of thinking about problems, move to the next step, how to solve it. If you develop a solution-orientated thinking, you’ll be much happier.
5. This shall pass. When bad things happen and you’re having trouble accepting it, remind yourself: This shall pass. It will, and you’ll survive.
6. Laugh. Just the simple act of laughing can make you happier. Watch a funny movie, TV show or tell a joke- just laugh.
8. Have a goal. Too many goals will lead to ineffectiveness. Try to choose one goal and really focus on it. Work to accomplish it. Goals lead to happiness, especially if you make progress on them.
9. Catch negative thoughts. Monitor your thoughts. When you catch negative ones, try to think of something good instead. Sounds corny but it works.
10. Learn something new. It’s strange how many of us are afraid to try new things or admit we don’t know something but learning new skills or new information is one of the most fun things we can do. Give it a try.
Your Friends at Dudley's Home Health Care hopes this can help you get to a Happier Place!